Saturday, July 7, 2012

Domestication. Take it or Leave it?

I have tried several times over the vast six years of our marriage to do wife like things....they generally fail...they generally MISERABLY fail. This year I have vowed to change that!

So far I have made jelly. I know what you are thinking, "dumb" or "why make jelly when you can buy it in every flavor under the sun generally for about a dollar?!" The answer my friends...because my sister was doing it and I wanted to too. (Isn't that always the case?)

We met up at her house and pulverized some strawberries, added sugar and cooked it until the house was sufficiently a billion degrees. The end result?? Four pints of strawberries, 6 cups of sugar, one packet of pectin cooked and canned into six (yes, SIX) delicious jars of strawberry jam. I am pretty proud of this small accomplishment...I am even more proud that the kids will eat it! I consider this a win!

Next up....Peaches! Canned and frozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment