Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Story of How He and She Became a We

Just to clue everyone in, not that there is an "everyone" but I remain hopeful, here is is a brief breakdown of life as I see it.

I met Ben when I was almost 16...it was instant love. I was a carhop...he was a cook...it was meant to be. We went on our first date on December 26, 2002. We were both supposed to be going with other people and we both got ditched because of snow. (God knew what he was doing, I am pretty sure it was planned!) We ended up sitting together and by the time we walked out I had that boy holding my hand!

Flash forward a few years..or four...we found ourselves getting married (Awh!) on March 11, 2006. Also known as the day the storms started for the tornado that tore the roof off of the Bentonville High School Football stadium. And they say rain on your wedding day is lucky!

Then later that same year we welcomed our first bundle of joy! On August 8th, 2006 ( I see you out there adding that up on your fingers...yes I was pregnant when we got married. But, no, sadly it was not a traditional shot gun wedding...we already had a date set we just moved it up from July 22 (the day directly in the middle of our birthdays...yeah silly I know...but we were 18!) to March 11 because I refused to be 9 months pregnant in my wedding pictures...so 5 months pregnant sufficed!)  Benjamin Chop Jr. was born and golly he was (and still is) a looker. He is so analytical, it is just amazing to sit and watch him figure out how to solve his problem. (It generally stems from needing a roof for a Lego house or sides for a Lincoln Log bridge...) He is so smart, and sweet and snuggly! 

Flash forward again to December 19, 2007 and you will be there for the arrival of our second sweet bundle of joy Alexa Hayden Chop. She is our only girl, I do not think I would change that! I love her, I love how girly she is, I love how she loves to dress up, I love how she poses in the mirror and dances to her favorite songs. But to have another girl? We just simply could not ever afford another Alexa!

Then our final little love arrived on September 22, 2009! Samuel Marshall Chop a.k.a "Max" or "Pookie". He is our last baby. I would love for him to stay little but I do not think he will. He is our tiniest baby (okay he's our shortest...I just don't know how this happened...I am 5'11 and Ben is ALMOST 5'10....okay never mind it's Ben's fault!) I truly would never change it though, what he lacks in height he makes up in personality. This baby, whashooo... he will wear you out with the giggles he induces..some because he is HILARIOUS...some because you cannot believe that just happened...

REWIND..just for a second...In October of 2006...after Benny was born Ben (the big one) started working for a directional drilling company and we all traveled year round. It was AMAZING. We got to see and experience so many different things that otherwise we never would have. (Like what it feels like in Baton Rouge in August..in a travel trailer...when the power goes out for a few days.. yeah.) We traveled with Ben until August of 2011 then he traveled by himself for a few months...now we all live at home. In our tiny house that I love, and refuse to leave until we build OUR house.

I was always a stay at home mom until January of this year when I went to work at my "big kid job". I am a Sales Analyst Assistant (wouldn't it sound so much more grown up if I didn't have to type assistant?! Eh..soon enough!) I have a Bachelors Degree in Business Management and MOST of my MBA with a focus in Marketing. (I can't call it done until I officially graduate in January...but it I am pretty sure it's a done deal...)

Ben does the same type of work he used to do on the road at home..kind of... He is a heavy equipment operator. Or as Benny likes to say it "he has a big hoe at work!"....haha! He is an amazing husband, father, chef, Alicia Calmer Downer (trust me, THAT is an accomplishment), as any husband he is also at times an amazing Alicia Worker Upper (that, not so much of an accomplishment!)

That is it, that is us. And here we go...







No comments:

Post a Comment